As a therapist, I am passionate about helping people navigate a variety of issues, including:
- Anxiety & Stress (such as frequent worrying, difficulty relaxing or sleeping)
- Low Self-Esteem (frequently putting self down or comparing self to others)
- Trauma & Loss (past trauma, death of a loved one, a breakup, or other loss)
- Relationship Skills (healthy communication and boundaries)
- Life Transitions (positive changes can also create stress & loss)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
In therapy, I help my client’s in increasing their self awareness to help them better understand their relationships with themselves, others, and the world around them. We will do this by first exploring the past and how it relates to our present struggles. By providing a safe and nurturing therapeutic environment, I will help you gain insight and allow healing to take place, as well as identify the stories and perspectives of self and others that may be keeping you stuck and feeling unsatisfied. Additionally, we work together to learn skills to better navigate the challenges of life. My client’s work hard to find understanding within themselves to be able to live their best life. Lastly, I am trained in EMDR, which is an effective and widely used therapeutic technique for PTSD and other various mental health concerns. I utilize EMDR when my client’s feel stuck in the therapeutic process, or want to try an alternative to traditional talk therapy.